Pandemic, PCOS, and Me.

This is me and my flawed face. No filter, no edits, no camera beauty effects.

I just turned 35 last September, and to be honest, I hated my flaws. Well, who wouldn't hate pimples, thinning hair (imagine parang may expansion ng airport sa sarili kong mukha, yung kilay ko nawawala), plus rashes, etc. 

When this pandemic happened, I have always been in the house, our small business slowed down. I felt like a failure, it was so tough. 

My sleeping pattern had changed, my eating habits went really bad (I was stress eating), and my physical activities had been affected.

The stress triggered my existing hormonal imbalance (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). I missed periods, I had allergies, eczema, and fungal infections, altogether. The medications made me feel under the weather. Imagine, I can't even do chores because my skin rashes get worse because of perspiration. I felt lazy, useless, demotivated, and sad. 


Turning point. I can't do this to myself. I need to take care of myself for my family. I rebooted my diet, lost 5 kilos in 2 months. At the moment, I'm still trying to balance my hormones and deal with these skin imperfections and other PCOS symptoms. I'm still struggling, sometimes not feeling okay, but I'm trying my best.

Flawless and sexy are adjectives used to describe "beauty". We all have our imperfections. But, it is important for us to accept our flaws, whatever they may be. Start by figuring out who you really are, so you can accept your flaws as well.

Perfection is only a "myth". 

Know that your beauty not only comes from physical appearance. I hope we can all discover the beauty in our flaws today. ❤️

Comments